This recipe made me promptly order BC’s cookie mix (since finding it in my new hood is a pain in the ass- but probably good for my ass). Enjoy!!
Betty Crocker’s Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Ice Box Cake:
– 1 box Betty Crocker® Gluten Free chocolate chip cookie mix
– ½ cup butter, softened
– 2 teaspoons gluten-free vanilla
– 1 egg 2 cups whipping cream
– 12 oz gluten-free mascarpone cheese
– ½ cup sugar
– 3 tablespoons unsweetened baking cocoa
– Chocolate shavings or miniature chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350°F. In medium bowl, mix cookie mix, butter, 1 teaspoon of the vanilla and the egg until soft dough forms.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 inches apart onto un-greased cookie sheets to make 36 cookies.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat whipping cream, mascarpone cheese, sugar, cocoa and remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed until soft peaks form.
- To assemble cake, arrange 7 cookies in bottom of 8- or 9-inch spring-form pan. Break 1 additional cookie apart to fill in spaces.
- Spread 1 cup of the whipped cream mixture evenly over cookies.
- Arrange 7 more cookies over whipped cream layer; top with additional 1 cup whipped cream mixture. Repeat 3 more times with remaining cookies and whipped cream mixture.
- Spread the top smooth; cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 12 hours.
- To serve, run a sharp knife around edge of pan to release cake. Remove side of pan. Place cake on serving plate.
- Garnish with chocolate. Cut into wedges.
- Store covered in refrigerator.