I thought I’d put together a survival packing list for any of you who are just starting out with specialists for your kiddos. We’ve been going to specialists since the day after bug was born. I used to have all this crap crammed into her diaper bag plus 15 other things and I’ve slowly widdled the must-haves down to these crucial items. Hopefully y’all have offices where you don’t have to wait, OR some that actually have toys for kids. But… I have now been to so many without so much as a kid’s corner that I thought I’d let you know what we bring and what works for us.
Hope this helps!
– Larabars. Landon and I both love Larabars. They are naturally sweetened with only about 5 ingredients. I stash 2-3 b/c she always eats a whole one herself.
– Pouches. Thank God for these, right?!
– Lovey. Keeps her calm when she starts to lose it.
– Her “Quiet Book”. This amazing soft book has so many great activities piled into it. As much as I love a good DIY, I opted to buy a pre-made one and I’m thankful we bring this thing with us everywhere. So many great speech ideas in it too- choo choo for the train; pull and push, b-b-b balloons, ETC
– Bubbles. We are crazy bubble fans ever since they were introduced in speech therapy for p-p-p-p pop the bubbles. Jelly Belly makes great scented ones that actually make a popping sound. You can call me a bubble snob.. it’s cool.
– Hearing aid batteries. Obviously just for us mommas of kiddos that wear them. I have a problem remembering them so I stashed a small ziploc of some in my tiny makeup bag.
– Water bottle and sippy cup twist on top. Genius intention.
– Extra tshirt. The girl is messy. From birth, always had a white onesie in my bag for just in case moments.
– Diaper and wipes… duhI forget these too often.
I swear I can get this closed!
Hope this is helpful!